Monday 28 April 2014

Suicide Elimination


28th April 2014

So in the early hours of this morning I was listening to music and just Googling the attractive artists behind the songs, I'm not too sure why but that's just what I was doing, I guess it's a typical teenage thing to Google people you find attractive lol.

I listened to a few different Sleeping with Sirens songs and was having a browse through the photos of Kellin Quinn when I came across the image above and it spoke volumes to me. 

As someone who knows people who have successfully committed suicide, people who have tried and thankfully are still here and having myself tried to end my life and failed the words written above meant so much to me. 

My life still isn't perfect and it never will be, but I don't want it to be, I want my life to be real, I want to experience things, make mistakes, learn and grow. If life was perfect it wouldn't be worth living you'd become so complacent with the way things are you'd never want better, you'd give up trying. 

I still have times when I wonder if the world would be a better place if I wasn't here but why should I play with the life I have been given... out of the two suicide attempts I've made I'm still here so surely that shows that it's not my time to go.

My life in many ways has got better from the dark place that I was in when I was rushed in to hospital blue, and floppy, unable to walk and barely able to stay concious. I'm making a success of myself and I'm determined to prove to everyone that said I wouldn't ever be anything that I can be whatever I want to be, and so can you. 

It takes time, determination, effort and hard work but your life can and will get better if you want it to. It's called YOUR life for a reason, and only you can take ownership of it and influence the good things that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment